Hello, dear readers. Spider veins on the legs of women and men cause a lot of trouble. Is it possible to get rid of them? This is our talk today.
Causes of spider veins
Red or blue stars, like flowers "bloom" on the lower limbs of many of the female population.
Often they do not bring discomfort, but their appearance suggests that something amiss is happening in the body. Swollen small blood vessels that shine through the dermis are not a safe cosmetic defect, it is a bell about the loss of vascular tone, deterioration of blood circulation.
Among the main reasons for the appearance of streaks include:
- heredity (weakening of the connective cells);
- hormonal disorders during pregnancy, menopause, after childbirth as a result of abortions;
- hormonal contraceptives or drugs;
- diseases of the liver, heart, intestines, poor circulation, female diseases, diseases of the endocrine system;
- age, obesity;
- excessive sun exposure, solarium abuse;
- constant load on the limbs, wearing high-heeled shoes for a long time;
- bad habits;
- venous disease (couperosis, varicose veins);
- sedentary lifestyle;
- hypothermia or overheating of the limbs;
- frequent stress.
There are many reasons, but if you start treatment immediately after the first appearance, you can avoid the extensive manifestation of this disease. It is important to remember that they themselves will not resolve (over the years they will only be more noticeable).
Why do women have spider veins on their legs more often than men? In men, too, they are formed for the same reasons, but their skin is thicker than that of the fair sex, so they are simply not visible.
Treatment methods for telangiectasias in the legs
How to remove visible vessels? First you need to undergo an ultrasound, to pass a blood test, which will appoint a phlebologist. Be sure to pass the analysis of hormones. After diagnosis, the doctor prescribes treatment: conservative or invasive.
Conservative treatment of vascular dilation
You can get rid of ugly stars with the help of ointments, various creams, medicines. To begin with, doctors suggest wearing compression garments, then using means that strengthen the walls of blood vessels, relieve inflammation, and prevent the formation of blood clots.
What is this money? Known to all drugs Troxevasin, Venitane, Lioton.
Angioprotectors and vitamins:
- Heparin ointment;
- Ointment Menovazin;
Each of this tool is great for small areas of telangiectasia.
The composition of the complex treatment is well helped by the French gel Flebodia 600, as well as in the form of tablets. The drug affects the walls of blood vessels from the inside and outside. The tool reduces the expansion of veins, positively affects the entire vascular system. It can even be used in the first trimester of pregnancy.
But if the vascular lesion progresses, doctors offer hardware therapy methods.
Excellent results are achieved by laser therapy. The laser, with the help of a laser beam, removes the affected vessel from the general blood flow. The device acts pointwise without affecting the surrounding tissue. Reviews of patients indicate 100% cure. It is important that the reticules no longer appear.
The most effective method is sclerotherapy. It gives a quick, irreversible effect. During the manipulation, a sclerosant is injected into the capillary. This substance helps to cook the walls of diseased veins or vessels. Weeks after three stars on the legs disappear without a trace.
One session lasts 60 minutes. During this time, 8-10 injections are made. If the lesion area is large, then several sessions are required, which are held 1 time in 7 days. To consolidate the effect is required to wear compression garments. But sclerotherapy has contraindications. It can not be carried out:
- pregnant and lactating women;
- people with diabetes;
- with heart disease.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The appearance of telangiectasia on the limbs can turn into varicose veins, then you will need more complex therapy. With varicose veins, the person feels:
- Not passing weight, fatigue in the limbs.
- Pain, severe swelling.
- Cramps, cramps in the muscles of the legs, most often at night.
- Burning, itching, feeling, as if legs are filling with weight.
- Nervous tension due to pain somewhere inside the lower leg.
- In case of violation of blood circulation, headaches become more frequent.
- Small vessels may burst, subcutaneous hemorrhage appears.
How to treat varicose veins?
If you have grade 1-2 varicose veins, then medical therapy will help. This includes ointments, gels from the group of non-steroidal drugs, as well as local anticoagulants that help to remove blood stasis in the veins, improve blood flow, increase the elasticity of blood vessels.
For example, Diclofenac or Voltaren will help remove pain, restore normal vein function.
You can use ointments on the basis of indomethacin, heparin, contributing to the removal of inflammation.
These are such drugs:
Gel or ointment for varicose veins should be applied to the skin 2-3 times per day. The doctor will supplement the external therapy with tablets, powders or gelatin capsules. These are Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Next, as well as angioprotectors or phlebotonics.
Not bad cream has proven to eliminate puffiness, itching, burning "Tsar's step." The cream provides nourishment to the skin due to the presence of plant elements in it.
If varicose veins reached grade 3, the doctor suggests removal of the affected veins by surgery.
Depending on the severity of the disease, the following treatments are also offered:
- phlebectomy - excision of altered veins;
- sclerotherapy - the introduction of a "sticking" substance into a vein;
- laser therapy;
- radio wave treatment.
Traditional methods of treatment of spider veins on the legs
At the initial stage of the disease, you can start therapy at home. The simplest and safest treatment is apple cider vinegar. Just a few times a day, wipe the affected areas with quality apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar can be prepared at home from regular apples. The course of treatment is 4 months.
Home remedy recipe:
- From the ripe apples of sweet varieties squeeze the juice.
- Strained juice poured into a glass jar.
- Cover with gauze, tie.
- Place the dishes in a warm place for 11-12 weeks.
- The resulting vinegar bottled, put in the refrigerator.
Excellent tool - green or ripe tomatoes. Cut the circle from the fetus, attach to the sore spot, hold for 30 minutes. In the same way can be treated with a piece of kombucha. The course is 3 months.
- 2 tbsp. fresh grass flowers;
- 2 tbsp honey, cream;
- 1 yolk;
- 1 tsp lemon juice.
Put the mixture on the veins, hold for 15 minutes. Then smear any therapeutic gel.
From personal experience. Ring the raw potatoes to a sore spot, hold for 2 hours, change the bandage. This procedure can be done 3-4 times a day.
Soda is considered an excellent treatment for varicose veins in the form of lotions, rubbing. Dilute 1 tbsp. l spoon of soda in 100 ml of warm water. Moisten a swab, wipe sore veins, then do not rinse.
Compress with soda solution to keep on the vein for 30-50 minutes. The treatment is long, but effective. Repeat the procedure 3 times a day for a month.
With extensive vein changes, soda baths will help:
- 4 tbsp. l soda;
- dissolve in 2 liters of hot water;
- pour in the bath;
- put your feet for 20 minutes.
Rinse is not necessary. Hold the bath 2 times in 10 days. Course - 10 procedures.
Sagebrush. Help will have a gruel of fresh leaves and flowers of wormwood. K 2 tbsp. Wormwood need add 1 UF. yogurt, put on a sore point, close with paper, fix with a bandage.
The procedure is repeated twice a day for 3-4 days.
Lilac. In a liter jar tamp lilac flowers, fill with a bottle of vodka, put to infuse for 1 month. Lubricate the affected areas daily at night, and at the same time treat many diseases of the extremities. The course is 2 months.
Gladiolus. Crushed onion plants can be applied to sore spots, where ulcers have formed.
Chestnut. Twist the chestnut fruit with skin, take 8 tablespoons, pour 0.5 liters of vodka. After 3 weeks, strain, wipe the affected areas overnight.
Persistent result gives tincture of chestnut flowers.
- Fresh or dry flowers pour over boiling water;
- 2 tbsp. l raw materials pour 2 cups of water;
- Put overnight insist;
- In the morning bring to a boil, put to cool.
Take the scheme:
- The first 2 weeks to drink a third of a glass for half an hour before meals.
- Break 7 days.
- The next 2 weeks to drink half a glass.
- Break 7 days.
- Next, repeat the scheme.
Course - 6 months
Onion Husk Perfectly treats the initial stage of the disease, promotes cell renewal.
- Take 5 tbsp. l husk, pour a glass of vodka.
- After 7 days, strain, drink 10-15 drops three times a day.
- Drink courses for three weeks with a week break.
Exercises for legs with spider veins
Without a special gymnastics is difficult to cope with this disease.
- I.P.vstat, legs slightly apart. Slowly pull the heels off the floor, then drop down sharply on them (14-15 times).
- I. P. is the same. Stand on the socks, stand for 3-4 seconds, then slowly go to the heels, and lift the socks up, stand for 2-3 seconds. Do 60 sec.
Walk in place for 4-5 min., Without tearing off the socks from the floor, and raise the heels slightly.
- I.P. - standing, lift the right leg, bent at the knee at a right angle. The rotation of the foot first inside, then out for 30 seconds. in every direction. Repeat with your left foot. The movement is done in 3 sets.
- I.P. - standing, lift the right limb, 4 sec. shake slightly, then repeat this movement with your left foot. Make 4 times each limb.
- Complete exercises with a contrast shower for 5-6 minutes.
Those who are prone to the appearance of such a limb defect are equally important in prevention.
- Avoid hypothermia, as well as overheating in saunas, baths.
- Give up high heels.
- Do not wear tight clothes.
- Take care of weight loss, eliminate from the diet salty, fatty foods.
- Give up great physical exertion, as well as the habit of sitting leg on the leg.
- Change the position of the feet often, get a stand.
- During the day, let your feet rest. Raise them to a height of 15-20 cm.
- Do sports.
- Hiking at least 1 hour.
Finally: do not neglect gymnastics, adopt one of the methods of therapy, and your legs will always be normal.
Also on our site you can read: Gopalan syndrome or why are the feet of the feet burning?