Hello, dear needlewomen! All women of the world are engaged in embroidery from the most ancient times. Invented so many types of arts and crafts that do not count. Consider the types of embroidery that every needlewoman can learn.
Archaeologists have found patterns on silk fabrics, which date from the VI-V century BC. era. Ancient embroiderers handed over drawings to each other until typography appeared. In 1527, the first collection appeared with a variety of patterns of this needlework.
The types of handicraft art are varied to infinity, but the first was cross-stitch embroidery.
At first glance it seems that this is the easiest job. But it is not. Not only the front, but also the wrong side of the product is evaluated. There should not be a single knot!
What is needed for needlework:
- Floss of different colors.
- Needles with a slightly blunt tip with a wide, long ear.
- Special fabric or canvas.
- Occasionally a hook is used to correct an inadvertently made mistake.
- For convenience, you will need hoops.
A cross can be of two types: Russian - single, or Bulgarian - double.
With the help of these seams are created magnificent hand creations. The most common is the Russian variation. How to start work:
- from the bottom corner to the left, then diagonally go up to the right.
- then, from the lower right corner, too, diagonally go up to the left.
- stitches are put in one direction.
The Bulgarian version is the intersection of the stitches, which form a kind of asterisk. Many skilled workers embroider a semi-cross when stitches are put in such a way that one line is diagonally obtained.
The thread is fastened with a needle along the seam. In the same stitch overlap the edges of the canvas. Even children can cross stitch. They are pleased to join this art form, creating their first masterpieces.
The white picture with a cross will decorate any children's room. Invite a child to participate in the creation of a white masterpiece. Soon you will see how enthusiastically he will embroider a white bear.
Stitch embroidery is the favorite handicraft of our grandmothers. She attracts many women today. Stitches are applied to the fabric in such a way that they fill the entire area of the canvas.
This type of embroidery is able to depict the most complex pattern, such as a frost pattern on glass, a sunbeam on a rose petal, a butterfly flight, and much more. With the help of needles and threads of various shades, you can transfer any tones and half tones.
As a variant of satin stitch is thread graphics. It also includes the thread design, izont and isografic, when velvet or any thick paper is taken instead of fabric.
For such works, you can take sewing, silk, acrylic, woolen or linen threads.
The Chinese surface has more than 4000 years. Chinese women embroider with silk everything they want, even portraits. The surface can be one-sided and two-sided. Bilateral valued especially expensive.
For work the transparent, tinted or dense silk fabric is used. The dignity of the Chinese version - the threads never fade, even after a hundred years the product does not lose unearthly beauty.
Beaded smooth surface always admired foreigners. Russian girls beaded sundresses, jackets, kokoshniki. The intricate glittering patterns fascinated the eyes and made them wonder at the ability of young ladies.
In the middle of the 17th century, colored glass beads appeared. Bugles embroidered not only clothes, but also created icons, all kinds of paintings. Today, beads are back on top. They decorate clothes, make unique jewelry out of it. The popularity of beads due to its availability, convenience, unlimited colors.
Beautifully look wallets, handbags, covers for mobile phones, created by the hands of modern masters. Popular paintings, embroidered with beads, which depict flowers, butterflies, birds or animals. The most experienced craftswomen take up the embroidery of icons.
This work requires a lot of patience, careful attitude to work. But many women have chosen this particular hobby, despite the difficulties.
Ribbon lace - embroidery ribbons
Ribbon embroidery is the most popular type of needlework. The pattern is embroidered with multi-colored silk ribbons with the help of a needle. Canvas can choose any density. This type of needlework uses a wide range of stitches and techniques, resulting in incredibly beautiful pieces.
When tulips bloom
For beginners, you can choose tulips and embroider them with satin ribbons. Take a few sharp needles with different diameters of the ears, a frame, several colored ribbons: for a bud with a length of 3 meters and a width of 2.5 centimeters. For stems - green ribbons with a width of 6 mm and a length of 5 meters. Ribbons for leaves - 25 mm wide, 2 meters long.
The sequence of work for beginners:
- We fasten the fabric on the frame.
- On the canvas we make a sketch of the buds with soap or a soft pencil.
- We cauterize the edges of the ribbons so as not to sprinkle.
- We introduce the ribbon in the holes on the pattern of the bud, without tightening.
- The second petal can be embroidered in the opposite direction. Two petals already resemble a tulip. (The tape is cut, the edges are cauterized).
- The stems are created from a green ribbon of 6 meters. It is introduced into the lower edge of the stem, then folded into a flagellum. The second end of the stem is fixed at the bottom of the bud.
- The leaves are sewn in random order, then fastened with thread.
- The finished bouquet is placed in a frame.
Satin technique has become very popular, because you can make incredibly beautiful paintings.
After simple work you can make a beautiful picture!
Openwork needlework - embroidery Richelieu
Exquisite embroidery richelieu will always be fashionable and in demand. At all times it was believed that it is only suitable for decorating tablecloths, napkins, bed linen. But craftswomen learned everywhere to embody their ideas, getting beautiful clothes.
Embroidery from time immemorial - volume embroidery
Bulk embroidery appeared in the 17th century. She was fond of English embroiderers. Even from the name of the technology it is clear that it is not a flat, but a towering picture that is created.
Thanks to the effect of 3D picture comes to life right before your eyes. In this work, you can use beads, sequins, beads. Bulk embroidery is often done with ribbons. Tapes are faster than threads fill the space on the fabric, and the work itself takes less time. Cut off small strips of tape, then fix them on the canvas with flat knots.
Volumetric smoothness with threads - more complicated. Only experienced embroiderers take it. And skilled workers with a lot of experience take up the bulk beadwork. It is distinguished by the fact that separate sections of fabric are covered with beads, emphasizing only fragments of the pattern.
Work will require a homogeneous fabric, not a canvas. The beads are fixed on it with a half-cross stitch. This technique is often used to make icons.
French rococo embroidery attracts with its elegance.
Refined roses with curls are widely used in the decoration of bed linen, accessories and clothing. Craftswomen use only 2 stitches - stitches and rococo loops, and get unique pictures.
Diamond technology is unlike all other handicraft techniques. Diamond paintings are very similar to works of art. Accuracy and patience are required to work with rhinestones. Arm yourself with tweezers and proceed:
- Remove not all protective film, but only a small area.
- Lay out straziki according to the scheme, then move away another part of the film.
- When putting out rhinestones, press them with tweezers.
- Roll a dazzling picture with a rolling pin for better fixing of diamonds.
Diamonds are square and round. From the round material are beautiful birds, butterflies and flowers.
Secure the diamond miracle in a frame and admire your unique piece!
To create in technology Dimension, you must purchase special kits designed for this creativity. It includes tools, special threads and patterns, resulting in highly artistic creations.
Black technology or blackwork got the name because of the black color of the thread. This technique was very fashionable in the middle of the 20th century. With its help, decorated clothes, many interior items. They worked only with silk threads, so the products were extremely colorful.
Slightly forgotten technique these days again attracted the attention of masters. Today embroiderers use a variety of thread colors. The main advantage is that the product looks the same from the front and from the wrong side. The relief pattern is achieved through the use of threads of different thickness. These drawings can be used to learn embroidery using the blackwork technique.
- Lay the stitches like in the picture to make squares.
- Connect the first two rows of squares with diagonal stitches.
- Turn at the end of the row, connect the 2nd and 3rd rows of squares, making the seams in the opposite direction to get the rhombuses.
- Embroider the squares.
- At the end of the row, turn in the opposite direction, make the diagonal stitches so that they intersect the previous ones (sequence 5-8).
- Embroider squares, but with an interval of two cells. Starting from the upper right corner, sew straight and diagonal stitches (sequence 1 - 9). Note: 4 stitches are performed at the same point of injection.
- Turn at the end of the row and sew in a sequence of 10 -18. Should get stars.
- Embroider stars, but with a distance of 2 cells. Sew straight and diagonal stitches on the first row (sequence 1-19).
- Turn at the end of the row. Sew the seams as in the previous row to complete the pattern between the first two rows of stars. Repeat these two rows.
Make an accessory for sewing.
Bookmark for books - a great gift.
Machine embroidery attracts many craftswomen. It is impossible to take your eyes off skillfully made products. Its advantage is that the work takes less time than manual work.
You can embroider a pattern of any complexity.
France - the cradle of needlework
The needlewomen of this country came up with the most elegant and beautiful types of embroidery. One of the most impressive volumetric techniques is Luneville.
The pattern is performed with a special crochet. There are many schemes for beginners, so do not be afraid that you will not succeed. Stock up on crochet, beads, cloth and proceed!
Even a beginning embroiderer can make a rather complicated pattern on clothes.
How to work crochet:
- Hold the bundle with one hand.
- Use your second hand to pierce the canvas, hook the thread, hook it upwards. It should make a loop.
- Turn the hook 180 °; insert a hook into the fabric through a small hole, observing the equal width of the stitches.
- Twist the thread around the hook, turn it again 180 °, pull it up. Always keep the thread straight.
Beads sew according to the scheme.
Hello from the French masters - bulk French embroidery
Variation knots invented in France. The volume, color, variety of options are pleasing to the eye!
The volumetric beauty causes genuine admiration, especially made with ribbons.
Master class for beginners
- Pull the canvas on the hoop.
- Secure the thread from the wrong side.
- Pull out the needle with thread or tape.
- Take the thread in your left hand, twist it three times around the needle.
- Needle inject, close, where she entered.
Preparing for Easter
The Slavic peoples in the great honor of the Easter variation. Even in this picture you can embroider an elegant Easter picture. Connect the children to further enhance the feeling of celebration!
Dear friends! I am sure that you could not resist the desire to begin to embody your ideas that have already originated in your head. You can sew different stitches, decorating the interior, your clothes. And what gifts you can prepare for your loved ones !!!
Also on our site you can read: how do women choose a hobby depending on age and hobbies